Sunday, September 12, 2010

New York New York

Christmas 2009 was so stressful, right up until a week before Christmas, I had NO idea of what to get Jamie ( and this year is looking just as bad).  To make a long story short, I ended up telling him to pick a NHL game, and we would go to it.  To my delight, he chose a game between Montreal and New Jersey at the end of January 2010.  I'm not a big fan of hockey, but loved the fact that the game was in New Jersey.  This meant a trip to The Big Apple! 

Neither of us had been to New York before so it was a real treat.  There was so much to see and do, the four days we spent down there was nowhere near enough to get it all in (I can see a trip back in our future). 

Friday night we went to the hockey game, I actually have to admit, I got into it once we were there. 
Saturday and Sunday we were the typical tourists, we got on the train, and went straight into Manhattan.
On Saturday we walked around Manhattan, went to Time Square, visited Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, toured the Empire State Building, and The Top of The Rock, we also made a stop at Rockerfeller Center, before getting a horse and carriage ride back to the train station. 
Sunday was somewhat the same, we took the train right into Grand Central Station, went upstairs and  did a tour of Madison Square Garden where we got to see the New York Knicks warm up for their game against the Dallas Mavericks.  We also visited the Museum of Natural History, and spent the evening walking around Central Park. 

On Monday before we left to come home, we made sure to do some outlet shopping.  We hopped in a cab, and went a few blocks over to Jersey Gardens...I won't go into details, but let me just say we had to buy another suitcase to get us home.

Overall we had a fantastic trip (our only complaint was that it wasn't long enough), and I got some awesome photos, which are now framed in our house. 


No comments:

Post a Comment